Window 7. Agent 8.00/32 1272. Help with Window Window Layout

Mike Parsons

Dec 20, 2018, 3:04:28 PM12/20/18
I started Agent and the screen layout has changed without me being
aware of any making any changes to the Agent configuration.

The screen layout is follows:

Line 1 File Edit etc

Line 2 Icons

Line 3 Folders Message List Message

I would like the return to a three pane layout.

I tried to fix the problem by

View
Zoom Off

Window
Window Layout
Layout of Panes:
Clicked on first icon
Contents of Panes:
Clicked on first icon
Apply
Ok

No change to screen layout?

?

Thanks

Mike

--

Mike Parsons

7th Feltham Sea Scout Group
Feltham Scout District(Pubic Relations Officer) www.felthamscouts.org.uk
Greater London Middlesex West County www.glmwscouts.org.uk

email: m...@codfish.co.uk
www :

---

Richard Nelson

Dec 20, 2018, 4:32:20 PM12/20/18
On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 20:04:30 +0000, Mike Parsons <m...@codfish.co.uk>
wrote:

> Window
> Window Layout
> Layout of Panes:
> Clicked on first icon
> Contents of Panes:
> Clicked on first icon
> Apply
> Ok
>
>No change to screen layout?

Did you go back into layout and try selecting any of the other
layouts? Did you try turning zoom on then off again?

Can you post a screenshot so we can see what you are looking at?

Arthur T.

Dec 20, 2018, 5:18:35 PM12/20/18
In Message-ID:<7jsn1etrc64q03stj...@4ax.com>,
Mike Parsons <m...@codfish.co.uk> wrote:

>I started Agent and the screen layout has changed without me being
>aware of any making any changes to the Agent configuration.

Have you tried comparing your agent.ini file with the one in
your most recent backup?

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Mike Parsons

Dec 20, 2018, 9:43:09 PM12/20/18
I have tried selecting other layouts and no change to the layout.

Zoom on or off - no change to multi-pane layout.

Also

View
Refresh

No change to layout?

?

Thanks

Mike

Ralph Fox

Dec 21, 2018, 12:49:32 AM12/21/18
On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 20:04:30 +0000, Mike Parsons wrote:

> I started Agent and the screen layout has changed without me being
> aware of any making any changes to the Agent configuration.
>
> The screen layout is follows:
>
> Line 1 File Edit etc
>
> Line 2 Icons
>
> Line 3 Folders Message List Message
>
> I would like the return to a three pane layout.
>
> I tried to fix the problem by
>
> View
> Zoom Off
>
> Window
> Window Layout
> Layout of Panes:
> Clicked on first icon
> Contents of Panes:
> Clicked on first icon
> Apply
> Ok
>
> No change to screen layout?

A. When you turn "View >> Zoom" _off_, is there still one big pane
filling the screen but now there is _no_ line saying "Folders",
Message List", "Message" ?

B. Or, even when "View >> Zoom" shows as turned _off_, is there
still a line 3 saying "Folders", "Message List", "Message" ?

What to do next will depend on which of these is the case.

If it is case 'A', then:

1a First try doing like what amgems replied. At some edge of the
one big pane, the mouse pointer may turn into a double-headed
arrow. At this point you should be able to pull the divider
between this pane and the next pane back into the middle of the
window.

2a If it is case 'A' and 1a above doesn't work for you, you can
fix it with the steps below.

i) Use the Agent menu command "Window >> Close All". You will
now have a grey area where the panes used to be.
ii) Close Agent.
iii) Edit AGENT.INI and in the [View] section, find the
BrowserLayout= setting. Delete all the numbers to the
right of the '=' equals sign in the BrowserLayout= setting.
iv) Start Agent again.
v) If you still have a grey screen where the panes used to be,
then use the menu "Window >> Open New Browser".

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Mike Parsons